At times, you might be offended of too many irritating emails from a particular email address and end up blocking the address! Among all other interesting features provided by Windows Hotmail, adding and deleting email addresses is one of the most important features!
Once you block an email address or an entire domain on Hotmail, all the emails from the address are automatically added to your junk/spam folder!
Not necessarily but you might have unknowingly added an email address to your block list! For example, you might have accidentally used the Hotmail Sweep tool on an important mail and ended up blocking the address. So now you want to remove the particular address or domain from your blocklist.
Whatever be the reason, unblocking a sender is very simple to do! You can easily change your blocklist to continue receiving emails from a particular address.
NOTE: The upper limit of your Hotmail blocklist is up to 1,024 addresses or domains. There is a solution to this too! Generally, it happens that multiple email addresses from a common domain are spamming your inbox. In this situation, you should be blocking entire domains rather than individual email addresses in order to block more.
- As mentioned earlier, you can easily unblock your blocked senders on Hotmail.com/ Outlook.com. Here you must note that once you unblock a particular email address or domain, the emails received from the address shall go directly into your inbox folder. So be sure of whom you are unblocking! Now to unblock any sender from your blocklist on Hotmail/Outlook, you just need to follow these few simple steps:
Select your Version:
The set of instructions you need to follow may vary depending upon whether you are logged in to the older or the newer version of Outlook/ Hotmail. Depending on the choice of your Outlook/ Hotmail version, proceed to the next step of instructions. Choose your version as shown below:
|IF YOUR MAIL LOOKS LIKE:||IF YOUR MAIL LOOKS LIKE:|
Hotmail Version 1:
If you are currently running on the version 1 of Outlook/ Hotmail as described above, you need to follow these few simple sets of instructions to remove someone from your blocklist:
On your home page of Outlook/ Hotmail, select the gear icon of Settings > View all Outlook settings.
Next, select Mail > Junk email.
Once done, click on to the address or domain you want to unblock and click on Remove.
Hotmail Version 2:
For the version 2 of Outlook/ Hotmail, you need to follow these set of instructions to remove someone from your blocklist:
Firstly, click on the Gear icon on the homepage of your Outlook/ Hotmail and then go to Settings > Options.
Find the Junk email option which should be somewhere on to the left of your screen and Select on it > Blocked Senders.
Now, click on the domain/ email address to be unblocked, and then select the Delete option.
How to stop your messages from going into the Junk folder?
- At times, Hotmail filters might pre-define messages received from an address or domain to be moved to your Junk folder automatically. Well, there is a solution to this too! If you add up these email addresses to your safe senders’ list, they won’t be redirected to your junk folder! Now, how to do this? The set of instructions vary according to your current running version of Outlook/ Hotmail.
For Hotmail Version 1:
- Select Settings> View all Outlook settings.
- Select Mail > Junk email.
- Under the section Safe senders, enter your domain/ email address you wish to add to the list and select Add.
- Finally, click on Save.
- In order to edit, add or remove email addresses and domains from your blocked senders and safe senders’ lists; simply select on the item in the list and then select Edit or Remove.
- So as to clean up your Junk Email folder, click on Junk Email in the left pane. You should see a Delete all option on the top of the screen. Click on it.
For Hotmail Version 2:
- Go to Settings > Options.
- On the left screen, select Junk email > Safe Senders.
- Now, you should enter the domain/ email address you wish to add to the list and select The Add icon.
- Finally, select the Save option.
- In order to edit, add or remove email addresses and domains from your safe senders’ lists and your blocked senders’ lists simply select on the item in the list and then select Edit or Remove.
- In order to clear all your Junk Email folder, select Junk Email in the left pane. You should see a Delete all option on the topmost section of the screen. Click on it.
So, just by following this guide step by step, you can easily unblock senders from your Hotmail/ Outlook account. Hope this article helped you unblock the important email addresses you might have blacklisted unknowingly or for a short duration of time. If you are facing a different issue that isn’t listed above, feel free to discuss your issue in the comments section below.